This area is to communicate information as the ranges open please check here for schedule and qualification information, as well as other details. Over the next few weeks, the information here will change as range status develops.
- Starting Feburary 22, 2010 regular hours are available on the GP range, and Practical Shooting Pits 7 days a week 10am to dusk (see range calendar). Shooting at the Rifle Range Monday thru Friday 10am until dusk (see range calendar) with Advanced Rifle Pass, Saturday and Sunday from 10am until dusk (see range calendar) with Standard Pink Pass or Advanced Rifle Pass. See the schedules page for more information. Hours for ranges vary by season based on daylight hours.
- New rules/procedures have been passed by BoD, See Rules section At left.
- All members must qualify to use the Rifle Range. See qualification section at left. All shooters must sign-in at the GP Range prior to using the Rifle Range, and return to sign-out at the GP Range.
The GP Handgun Range, GP 50 Yard Range, and GP 100 Yard Range, do not require qualification. The construction and rules changes have required us to rename portions of the GP range. For clarification:
- “GP Handgun” refers to the newly remodeled area on the left (West) side of the General Purpose Range. This area is fully baffled (steel roof & downrange baffles) and is for handguns only.
- “GP 50” is the 50 yard portion of the GP range. It is immediately to the right (East) of the GP Handgun range.This area is fully baffled and is for handguns and rimfire rifles.
- “GP 100” is the 100 yard portion of the GP range, farthest to the right (East). This area is fully baffled and is for handguns, rimfire rifles and centerfire rifles.
- A Pit Pass required to use the Pistol Pits. See Practical Shooting Pit page for more information. All shooters must sign-in at the GP Range prior to using the Pistol Pits, and return to sign-out at the GP Range.