For all questions involving dove or any other kind of hunting at BGSL, email Don Smallwood: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dove Hunting Guidelines
The following are in compliance with and in addition to all applicable state and federal regulations:
- Open to BGSL members only
- BGSL Small Game Permit ($100) required
- Attendance at Hunter Orientation as required
- 1-2 adults per station or 1 adult and two youth
- Hunters must sign in and out in the lobby at the main clubhouse.
- Eye and Hearing protection required, “this is a dove shoot you will likely be peppered with falling shot”
- Shot size should be 7.5 or smaller
- Trained Bird retriever dogs leashed are allowed
- Only shoot high birds, Do not shoot low birds or towards the main clubhouse. (shot angles should NOT be less than 45 degrees)
- Guns must be unloaded walking to and from the Dove field
- Pick up your empty hulls
Dove Season shooting times:
1st Season – Sept 1st @ 11:00 AM through Oct 26th
UPDATED TO TIMES EFFECTIVE SEPTEMBER 15th
- Sept 1st 11:00 AM – 1:00 PM and again at 3:00 PM – 6:00 PM
- Sept 2nd – 3rd – Mornings 8:00 AM – 11:00 AM / Afternoons 3:00 PM – 6:00 PM
- NO Dove Shooting – Mondays – Thursdays the month of September!
- Beginning Sept 8th through Sept 15th Fridays – Saturday – Sunday Mornings 8:00 AM – 11:00 AM / Afternoons 3:00 PM – 6:00 PM
- Beginning Sept 15th through Sept 30th Fridays – Saturday – Sunday Mornings 8:00 AM – 11:00 AM / Afternoons 4:00 PM – 1 hour before sunset.
- Beginning Sunday Oct 1st: 8:00 AM – ½ hour before sunset!
2nd Season – Nov 23rd- Dec 3rd
- shooting hours will be from 8:00 AM – ½ hour before sunset!
3rd Season – Dec 23rd -Jan 14th
- shooting hours will be from 8:00 AM – ½ hour before sunset
As everyone knows sunset can change daily, be sure to check the times!!