Welcome to Multigun at Blue Grass Sportsmen’s League
Next Match – Saturday, April 24, 2021
2021 Monthly Match Fees: $15 BGSL member, $20 non-member, Juniors -$5 from adult. All match fees are inclusive of 6% KY sales tax.
Chamber Flags are REQUIRED. We may have a few for sale at each match.
ALL SHOOTERS NEED TO BE AT SIGN-IN BY 0900! We will try to start at 1000. Please plan to arrive early and help set-up, i.e. at 0800.
It is safe to bring the following:
- 100 rds rifle
- 100 pistol
- 75 shot
- 10 slugs
- 10 buckshot
- (Of course you can also just shoot the A/B or Center zone with 1 round and save some more ammo!
- NO shot larger that #7.5 is allowed.
- NO slugs over 1500 are allowed on steel.
- NO STEEL CORE AMMO!!! (“SS109″,”XM855”, “penetrator”, “5.45×39 surplus”, etc..)
- 5 shooters ruined one side of our all our steel targets at a match.
- YOU WILL GO HOME and BE FINED THE COST OF THE TARGETS IF YOU SHOOT OUR STEEL TARGETS WITH STEEL CORE AMMO. Use a magnet to test!
EVERYONE, PLEASE READ THE
WHOLE PAGE AND SAFETY 1st BULLET POINTS BELOW
We will using again the International Multi-Gun Rules this year and going forward. Please review. Some differences in scoring are below.
Safety 1st! All firearms coming out of your vehicle are to be flagged with an ECI (empty chamber indicator) and go directly to the stage racks, Safe Area, or stay bagged. No parking lot show-n-tell! (If you dont have an ECI, come buy them at the signup table before removing from vehicle).
Match Day Schedule
8:00 am – Set up begins
Multi-gun matches are usually a little more set-up intense. Match director will be there by 8:00 am, please come help set up before 8:30am or get here when you can. (If you are really froggy, we usually will start setting up Friday night 5-7pm to get a head start).
1st time 3gunners must shoot at least one other action shooting match before coming to this 3 Gun match. If you have shot an IDPA, USPSA or another club’s 3gun match, you are good to go. We welcome all new shooters at BGSL, please look for USPSA or IDPA match before coming to this match! Some members may have a rifle or other equipment you can borrow to get you going. If you have questions about the match after reading this page, contact Greg Brown at 859 420-7810 or email at 3gun”at”bgslinc.com.
9:20ish am to 9:50 am – Match registration.
Match fee is $15 for BGSL members, $20 for non-members, and $5 for BGSL juniors, and $15 for non-member juniors.
9:45 am – Shooter’s meeting and squad formation.
10:00 am – Shooting begins or when stages are ready.
3:00 ish – Tear down after your last stage.
Volunteer Sport! Everyone is expected to help tear down 2 stages (if not done already). Everyone gets home early!
What do I need to know and bring?
- All BGSL and Pistol Pit rules (click here for link) are in effect, unless under the direct one-on-one supervision of your Range Officer (R.O.). Everyone is expected to know these!
- This is a COLD RANGE, you should never have ammo and/or magazine in a firearm at the match unless you are under the direct one-on-one supervision of an R.O. and shooting a stage.
- Empty Chamber Indicators (ECI) are required for long guns. You may purchase one for $2 each.
- All long guns should be carried with muzzle pointing straight up in the air, with ECI in place.
- Pistols should always remain in holster unless in safe area or under the direct one-on-one supervision of an R.O. while shooting a stage.
- While loading and unloading (under the direct one-on-one supervision of the R.O.), keep muzzle pointed at the middle of the berm! DO NOT point muzzle at gravel/ground or over berm while loading/unloading.
- Any safety questions or situations should be immediately notify the R.O. and match director. It is always better to ask than to guess!
- Ammo. No magnum, no steel (duck loads) or turkey loaded shot shells! It is hard on our targets and more expensive for you. Not to mention LOUD! 🙂 Slugs should be less that 1400fps. Cheap stuff works great if it runs in your gun.
- NO PARKING LOT SHOW AND TELL! SAFE AREAS ONLY NO AMMO IN SAFE AREAS.
What to Bring?
- 1st things 1st, bring some water (cooler?) and a snack or two.
- Bring some work gloves for helping before and after the match. Volunteer sport! No one is getting paid out here! Match director will be there at 8am, please come help set up before 8:30am (if you can’t make it before 8:30, get here when you can). Everyone is required tear down 2 stages, or just your last stage, if all the other stages are already tore down. We all what to get home A.S.A.P. on a Saturday after the blasting is done! It takes 30min if everyone pitches in!
- Usually less but experienced shooters bring…100 rds pistol, 100 rds rifle 75 rds shot and 10 rds slugs. Always bring extra, sometimes you may have to re-shoot a stage.
- A pistol – min 3 magazines with 2 or 3 mag pouches, secure belt and secure side holster (you will be moving with a loaded pistol in your belt, “dropsy’s” of a loaded pistol is auto disqualification and you go home.
- A shotgun – with some type of ammo carrier (belt shell carrier, sidesaddle, ammo belt, arm belt, or combo (I recommend belt ammo carrier or chest/waist “2/4 loader” rig)…. or you can use your pockets…not too fast though). Empty Chamber Indicator (ECI).
- A rifle – min 2 magazines (usually 30rd). Rifle mag holders are nice (not required). ECI.
3 Gun Etiquette and Expectations of the Participates
- Help reduce the non-shooting time for everyone at a match. Some stages require more re-set than others, especially 3 GUN. Don’t stand around while others are re-setting. Etiquette is that the 2 Range Officers and the scorekeeper are scoring the stage and handling firearms, the shooter is reviewing their scores, the shooter on deck is rehearsing, and the last shooter is reloading his mags/belt ammo holders, everyone else should be pasting, resetting movers/steel, and picking up brass. One person not doing their part on a smaller squad can back up the whole match.
- Be aware of who is shooting next and try not to distract them from getting ready to shoot. You should know the shooting order. Be ready to shoot. Have your mags/belt loaded and be mentally ready to go. If you for some reason you are not ready let the RO know, and ask to be skipped. This is OK every now and then (the shooter behind you may not be ready because they were expecting you to shoot)
- If you get Disqualified for the 180 or unsafe firearm handling. Stay and help out with re-set and tear down (unless you shot someone (just kidding!)). We all get DQ’d if you shoot long enough. It’s embarrassing but not the end of the world.
|FIREARM_DIVISION||Tac Optics||Tac Irons||Heavy Irons / Heavy Optics||Open|
|PISTOL 9mm or larger||No pistol optics||NO optics||45cal or larger, NO optics, min power factor 165.||optics|
|RIFLE 5.56 mm or larger||optics||Iron or 1x optic.||.308 cal or larger, Iron or 1x, 20rd max mags, min power factor 320. (Scope for HM scope).||Multi optics/ +bi-pod|
|SHOTGUN 20 gauge or larger||semi or pumpNO optics||semi or pump NO optics||pump only, NO optics||optics+speed loaders|
- one (1) A-zone hit, one (1) B-zone hit or two (2) hits anywhere in the scoring area to neutralize (SAME )
- 126.96.36.199 One (1) hit in the C-zone or D-zone only = 5 second penalty (Failure To Neutralize).
- 188.8.131.52 No hits on target, but target was engaged = 10 second penalty (Un-hit Target).
- 184.108.40.206 No hits on target, and target was not engaged = 15 second penalty (Target Not Engaged).
- 6.1.5 Knock-down/swinging/flashing targets that do not fall/react will incur time penalties as follows:
- 220.127.116.11 Target did not fall/react, but target was engaged = 10 second penalty (Un-hit Target).
- 18.104.22.168 Target did not fall/react, and target was not engaged = 15 second penalty (Target Not Engaged).
Match Schedule (All Times EDT) – Saturday, Sept. 28, 2019
- 0630 – Gates Open / Registration Open
- 0730 – Shooters Meeting
- 0800 – First Shots
- 1130 to 1330 – Lunch Available (included)
- 1800 – Last Shots and Awards
BGSL Club Map
Blue Grass Sportsmen’s League
2500 Handy’s Bend Road
Wilmore, KY 40390-8029